We did an ultrasound, so Eric and I got to see our baby WuBerry for the very first time! It was tiny, and we didn't know exactly what we were looking at initially. But our doctor pointed out the tiny dot flickering, and explained that was our baby's heart beating! Then she turned on the sound, and we heard the baby's heartbeat! I didn't know we were going to be able to hear the heartbeat today, so that was an amazing surprise. It was surreal.
I feel much better now that I know that everything looks okay -- there's one baby (whew!), the baby is in the right place, just the right size, with a beating heart we got to see and hear.
Our doctor said we are about 8 weeks and 3 days, and our due date is April 22, 2014.
(But I think we are at 8 weeks exactly, and our due date should be April 28, 2014... either way, we are due near the end of April!)
Next doctor's visit -- in ~four weeks (Oct 11). We'll also make an appointment for around then to do various tests and genetic screening (?)... need to do some more research on that.
Here's a photo of the ultrasound screen.

A new LIFE ahead for all of us. How amazing! I'm so happy for you. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteAkong
WuBerry is looking so beautiful already!!!
ReplyDeletein love w/ the little wuberry already :) amazing ultrasound
ReplyDeleteHooray!
ReplyDelete