Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pregnancy Symptoms (so far)

I've been feeling pretty good so far...

Energy / Sleep
  • Generally pretty tired, but nothing too crazy. I've been going to sleep around 10-11, and waking up around 6-7 (during the week).
  • I normally sleep soundly, but I have been waking up in the middle of the night a few times a week. 
Food / Appetite / Nausea
  • I was a bit nauseous around the 5 - 6 week mark (late August/early September), but it has gotten better in the past two weeks
    • I haven't thrown up yet
    • But there were some times I REALLY couldn't handle eating the food I ordered / the food in front of me made me gag (Moroccan food during Mia's bachelorette weekend)
  • Most foods just aren't very appetizing, so I have to kinda force myself to eat
  • Foods I have no problems eating include bread, baked potatoes, and fruit
  • The only "craving" I've had so far (if it can be considered a craving) is Korean pickles (오이지). I drove 30 minutes to a Korean market just to buy them, but they didn't have any, so I asked Erina to go to the Korean market in Oakland, but they didn't have any either! So my mom brought some for me when my parents drove up for Mia's wedding this past weekend :). Thank you mommy!
Other
  • Haven't been exercising too much... Most doctors/websites say it's fine to run/exercise, but I've been keeping it easy by either walking around our neighborhood or going to the gym and walking uphill on a treadmill. My acupuncturist doesn't recommend any jarring movements (running, jumping, bootcamp-style classes which is what I normally do at the gym).
  • Been taking prenatal vitamins + additional prenatal DHA (Omega 3)
  • Had to increase my dosage of Levothyroxine (Synthroid, prescription medication for underactive thyroid) because the baby needs more of those thyroid hormones. This is normal/recommended for hypothyroid patients during pregnancy. The increased dosage is working and all my thyroid levels are good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment