Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weeks 33 - 35: Cantaloupe / Honeydew / Coconut

Wow, time flies. Yesterday was exactly one month from my official due date, and I only have three more days of work left! Wednesday is my last day of work for about six months, and I have been really busy the past few weeks trying to wrap everything up. I feel fortunate that my work gives me four weeks of paid maternity leave before my due date (and it's "take it or lose it" -- I can't use that time after the baby is born). That will give me time to relax, read, prepare whatever I need to prepare, and get some rest before the baby arrives. I'm really looking forward to that time!

Eric has been out of town for the last week, visiting his sister and nephews near DC, and going to a bachelor party in Indiana, but luckily (or not), work has been keeping me more than enough busy and keeping my mind occupied, so I'm not missing him TOO much :). I'm so glad he'll be home tomorrow though! We were a tiny bit worried that the baby would come too early, but THANKFULLY that hasn't happened yet :).

In other news, we're pretty close to making a decision for our backyard deck, and I'm hopeful it'll get done before my due date! We also need to do some landscaping and stuff, but that shouldn't take too long and we have to wait til the deck is done anyway. But we'll have a brand new backyard pretty soon, which will be great for the upcoming summer months.

WuBerry Weekly Updates


I haven't taken my Week 35 photo yet, but will add that when we take it.

- WuBerry is now over 5 pounds and 18 inches long! About the size of a melon or coconut. It's harder to guess from here on out how big MY baby is, since babies are born within a wide range of sizes, but I asked my doctor at my last appointment (on Friday) if she can measure/estimate how big my baby might be. It turns out I need to schedule a formal ultrasound at the hospital to do that, and she was more than happy to refer me to do that. She threw out a random guess that my baby might be about 30th percentile in size, given my size and weight gain (~22 pounds).

- I've been having a lot more Braxton-Hicks contractions, and a few contractions that feel like they could be more like normal/regular/real contractions (but I don't know for sure since I don't know what they're supposed to feel like). They do feel different from what I've been feeling the past month or so though, so who knows. I think that's all normal.

- Appetite/eating has been fine. I still don't think I'm eating a lot more than normal. But in terms of cravings, here's a story. Last Friday (3/14 AKA Pie/Pi Day), we had some DELICIOUS banana cream pie in the office. It was soo good that I started walking to the bakery where the pie was from because I wanted to buy a whole pie to take home (because I wanted Eric to experience it!). But luckily I thought to call them first, and they told me they had sold out :(. But now / since then, I've had a slice of banana cream pie from a pie shop near my house last weekend and again this weekend. It isn't AS good, but I guess it'll satisfy my craving for now :).


Overall, starting to really get "ready". Our good friends Ranjani and James were due with their baby about three weeks before us, but ended up having their baby three weeks early (last week)! Congratulations to them and their healthy, handsome boy Elliott, who was born almost 7.5 pounds even though he was early.

Them having their baby made things seem more "real" to me... that our WuBerry COULD potentially come any day now. We still need to do a few immediate things before she arrives like install the car seat, wash her newborn clothes, etc., but I think overall we'd be okay. We're getting really excited, though I hope she stays inside until full-term because I have a feeling she's gonna be small and can use all the growth in the womb that she can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment