I'm starting to get pretty stressed/busy with ALL THE WORK I need to do/finish before I leave. It's not just regular work, but all of our annual review stuff too (writing feedback forms for others, initiating them for myself, writing a performance summary of my year, etc...). These next three weeks of work are going to fly by!
I have also been busy researching for our backyard remodel that I've been talking about. We're meeting with five different contractors/landscapers this week to get estimates. I'm excited to get that done before the baby arrives!
We're also finishing up all our classes. We took "Taking Care of Your Newborn" and a CPR class (including Infant CPR). We have a breastfeeding class tomorrow and then we're done with the "formal" education haha. I'm sure we'll be learning plenty on the job!
WuBerry Weekly Updates
- WuBerry is now about 3 3/4 pounds and 16-17 inches long! The fruit comparisons get confusing now cuz different sources all contradict each other, but let's say about the size of a pineapple.
- I've gained about 20 pounds now, and am continuing to grow and gain weight at a pretty regular pace now.
- She is moving around A LOT, and I can physically see her movements via my belly. I also continue to feel some Braxton Hicks contractions. Overall, I feel fine, though starting to feel a little more uncomfortable in general. No pains, but just mild discomfort in different parts of my body.
- No obvious cravings that I can think of... I think I'm hungrier than I used to be, but not by too much. We tried a new flavor of our favorite Talenti gelato, and I think the black cherry flavor is my favorite so far!
I think my heartburn is getting a little worse though (burning in my throat), and I'm popping Tums Smoothies everyday.
- Sleep and energy are fine, but I need to get more sleep overall. I've been sleeping later, and want to change that. Sleeping isn't that comfortable, but I think the wedge pillow I bought helps a bit since I can sleep on my back, which I prefer. I do get more tired, and have been regularly taking afternoon naps on weekends. I wish I could do that everyday!
- Eric and I met with our doula last weekend, and he mentioned how I do so many different prenatal activities -- prenatal yoga (1-2 times a week), acupuncture (monthly), chiropractor (every 2-3 weeks) massage (monthly), etc. All of those things make me feel better, and hopefully they will help prepare my body for childbirth! Also, it helps that I've met my deductible and even my out-of-pocket maximum for my insurance, so the acupuncture and chiro is totally free for me now :).
Okay... back to work now. Looking forward to the weekend already :).
No comments:
Post a Comment