Stats from our two month appointment last week:
Weight -- 12 lb 4 oz. She's 73 percentile for weight, which is crazy considering she started off at 20%! She continues to pack on those pounds (mostly in her face haha).
Height -- 23.5 inches. She continues to be surprisingly long/tall for her age at 90%, which has stayed pretty consistent throughout her appointments.
She had been sleeping really well until recently. She was gradually lengthening the long stretch of night sleep -- originally starting off consistently with 3-4 hour stretches, then 4-6 hour stretches, and she even had a few nights with 8 straight hours of sleep!! At two months old! I was ecstatic at the thought of actually getting normal-ish nights of sleep going forward.
HOWEVER, it was sadly too good to be true, and the past few nights have been pretty bad. She's back to 3-4 hour stretches if we're lucky, and the past two nights she wouldn't go down for the night fully until 1 AM!!! I don't know what's going on, and she's driving me to my wit's end.
I made a comment to Eric yesterday: "I thought we were so lucky with an easy baby, but maybe I was wrong." :(
His response: "I think this just means there is no such thing as an easy baby."
Haha, touche.
Besides the sleep issues though, she has been doing well. She is eating well, and is generally a happy baby during the day. She just gets cranky and fussy at night, which unfortunately is when Eric gets to spend time with her during the week. He thought I was a saint for dealing with such a fussy baby all day, until he realized how good/cute she is during the daytime :).
Things Elodie currently loves:
- Bath time. She loves being in the water!
Elodie's current dislikes:
- Sleeping at night
- When Eric gives her a hug / puts his face close to hers (haha)
- Drinking from a bottle after the first few minutes. It takes her up to 45 minutes sometimes to drink a bottle! We are trying to train her to take the bottle well again, because she used to take it fine. She's getting much better than before, but it's still a struggle at times.
Okay, I will leave with some official two month photos. She got some shots/vaccines that morning, poor thing, but still had some smiles for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment