Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Six Months Old

Elodie turned six months old last Saturday, 10/25. I can’t believe half a year has already flown by! We had her six-month doctor appointment last week, and she continues to grow really well along her growth curve as a tall and healthy baby:
Height – 27.25” (93rd percentile)
Weight – 16 lb, 12 oz (62nd percentile)

This past month was the first full month of Elodie in daycare and me back at work. The transition continues to go pretty smoothly – Elodie is always happy when I pick her up, and I don’t think she has ever cried when Eric drops her off in the mornings. Our in-home daycare watches four infants (under age 2), and I think around eight older kids (ages 2 – 5). Some days there are a lot less kids though, depending on sicknesses, vacations, etc. Eric and I secretly think that Elodie is their favorite baby :). She seems to be the happiest/smiliest baby of the bunch, and the care providers all seem to really like her and take loving good care of her.

Daycare is going pretty well, but Elodie got sick for the first time this past month. I’m pretty sure it’s because of all the other germy kids at daycare, but it could have also been the change in weather. A lot of people seem to be sick around this time – both kids and adults. She had a fever and runny nose and congestion a few weeks ago, and just when that was all finally getting better, she developed some other sickness with coughing and wheezing and sore throat. Poor baby :(. It’s so sad to see/hear her being sick, and I would do anything to make her feel better! All the other working parents I know tell me that sickness is just a part of life during the winter season. It’s a never ending cycle of baby coming home sick from daycare, then passing it onto the parents, then getting sick again, etc.
Poor sick baby!
So sad, but still so cute!





















Work for me has been going okay. The initial rush of being back to work and catching up on everything and with everyone has run its course, and now I’m not that busy, which is both good and bad. Good because I don’t feel stressed with too much work to do, but the days definitely would fly by a lot quicker if I was busy! Not being super busy gives me more time to think about Elodie and miss her during the day :(.

Elodie also started solids a little more regularly the past month. We haven’t been super diligent and regular about feeding her everyday, especially when she has been sick. But so far, we have tried sweet potato (she seems to like), avocado (she really liked, but it may have been a cause for a bad rash on her neck and all over her body to a slighter extent), and banana (she likes it okay). She is getting better about not being AS messy while eating as she was the first few times (though it is still a big mess!).


Elodie’s current likes
  • Superman/airplane pose. Elodie always does this pose now if we put her on the floor. Apparently, Eric also loved to do this when he was six months old:
Notice the similar patch of hair on top of their heads. So that's where she got it from!

  • Squirming/rolling during diaper changes. All of a sudden, it is so hard to change her diaper because she won’t stay still! She keeps trying to turn and roll when we change her diaper. I call her my little squirmy wormy :).
Haha, hope she doesn't hate me one day for showing off her cute little butt!

  • Riding in the BabyBjorn facing out. She loves seeing the world as we walk! Though now it gets so dark so early, that I don’t know if we will still be doing our evening strolls anymore…

  •  Mornings with Ba. During the week, I leave our house for work around 7-7:15am, then Eric takes care of Elodie and drops her off at daycare around 8-8:15ish. Eric says his favorite time of the day is waking up to me dropping her into our bed, where they hang out for a bit and listen to music and play before he gets out of bed to get ready. :) I think that might be Elodie’s favorite part of the day too!
Top: hanging out in bed with Ba.
Bottom: hanging out in the bathroom watching Ba get ready for work.

Elodie's Current Dislikes
She hates having her nose wiped, and us sucking the snot out of her nose (which we need to do because babies don’t know how to blow their nose). Other than that, she is generally pretty happy, even when she is sick. We are so lucky!


I’ll leave you with some of her official six month photos (we had special cupcakes to celebrate), as well as a few random photos that I happen to find extra cute :).



Gazing out the window. Isn't she so beautiful?


So cute -- fell asleep on her way to daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment