[I've been really lagging on posting this, and I wrote this blog entry a while ago, on 12/4.]
Elodie turned seven months old last Tuesday, 11/25. We don’t have another official doctor appointment until she turns nine months old, so we don’t have official stats, but she weighs about 17.5 pounds now, and has been pretty healthy over the past month.
We have been traveling quite a bit in the past month, and Elodie went on her first road trip (to Santa Barbara where she also attended her first wedding). The wedding was on Halloween, so we brought her to the black-tie wedding in her strawberry / WuBerry costume :).
She also took her third and fourth flying trips (to Seattle to visit friends and to Irvine for Thanksgiving). She is becoming quite the frequent flyer! She experienced cold weather the first time when we were in Seattle, where we bundled her up to go to some local breweries:
We experienced the opposite weather in socal, where it was in the high 80s on Thanksgiving day! It was so warm that she just wore a sleeveless dress – no jacket needed:
Elodie is regularly eating solids twice a day now (various fruits or veggies that I have steamed and pureed), and she seems to like everything we have given her so far. Breastmilk or formula is supposed to be a baby’s main source of nutrients until one year old, so I’m still breastfeeding/ pumping and I’m trying to do so until she turns a year old in April… we will see how that goes.
I actually had my first night away from Elodie this week, when I was in Vegas for a one night work trip. Eric and I were both pretty worried about him putting her to bed on his own, because I always nurse her to sleep and we never tried having Eric give her a bedtime bottle instead (why mess with a good thing?). We did a trial run on Sunday night, and she ended up crying for two hours before finally falling asleep, so that didn’t reassure us much. But on Tuesday night when I was gone, she did great! I missed her so much though, and I’m really not looking forward to a four day trip to Orlando next week :(.
Daycare continues to go well for her, and she seems happy there. I’m glad we started her in daycare when we did, because she has recently started getting more attached to me, and I think it would have been a harder transition if she started daycare later. She now definitely prefers me to hold her when we are around other family / people, and if I walk away out of sight, she keeps looking at the door, waiting for me to return.
Physical developments: She is super close to crawling, but not quite yet. She can move around on her tummy by spinning/pivoting around, but can’t really make a lot of progress inching forward on her own quite yet. If she has me or something else to push her feet against, then she can push herself forward.
She doesn’t have any teeth yet, but I feel like she is getting close on that as well. She has been constantly putting her fingers in her mouth to suck on (before, she would only do that when she’s sleepy / falling asleep).
Current Likes
- Playing with doggies -- Elodie had her first few interactions with dogs this past month, and she loves them! In Seattle, we stayed with our good friends Melissa and Scott and their 4-month old baby Alex, along with their corgi Lightning. They were dog-sitting another corgi as well, so Elodie was around two dogs all weekend long, and she loved playing with them. She wanted to touch them, and giggled when they licked her fingers or her face. She would even laugh when they barked, which surprised me because I thought she would be scared.
- Eating solids -- Like I mentioned earlier, she really enjoys eating the solids that we feed her, and I don't think she has ever stopped/refused eating before we finished whatever portion we prepared. She's getting to be quite the pro eater now, and it isn't as messy as it was before.
I actually had my first night away from Elodie this week, when I was in Vegas for a one night work trip. Eric and I were both pretty worried about him putting her to bed on his own, because I always nurse her to sleep and we never tried having Eric give her a bedtime bottle instead (why mess with a good thing?). We did a trial run on Sunday night, and she ended up crying for two hours before finally falling asleep, so that didn’t reassure us much. But on Tuesday night when I was gone, she did great! I missed her so much though, and I’m really not looking forward to a four day trip to Orlando next week :(.
Daycare continues to go well for her, and she seems happy there. I’m glad we started her in daycare when we did, because she has recently started getting more attached to me, and I think it would have been a harder transition if she started daycare later. She now definitely prefers me to hold her when we are around other family / people, and if I walk away out of sight, she keeps looking at the door, waiting for me to return.
Physical developments: She is super close to crawling, but not quite yet. She can move around on her tummy by spinning/pivoting around, but can’t really make a lot of progress inching forward on her own quite yet. If she has me or something else to push her feet against, then she can push herself forward.
She doesn’t have any teeth yet, but I feel like she is getting close on that as well. She has been constantly putting her fingers in her mouth to suck on (before, she would only do that when she’s sleepy / falling asleep).
Current Likes
- Playing with doggies -- Elodie had her first few interactions with dogs this past month, and she loves them! In Seattle, we stayed with our good friends Melissa and Scott and their 4-month old baby Alex, along with their corgi Lightning. They were dog-sitting another corgi as well, so Elodie was around two dogs all weekend long, and she loved playing with them. She wanted to touch them, and giggled when they licked her fingers or her face. She would even laugh when they barked, which surprised me because I thought she would be scared.
- Eating solids -- Like I mentioned earlier, she really enjoys eating the solids that we feed her, and I don't think she has ever stopped/refused eating before we finished whatever portion we prepared. She's getting to be quite the pro eater now, and it isn't as messy as it was before.
![]() |
| Like my carrot lipstick? |
Current Dislikes:
- Swimming -- We took her to an indoor swimming pool for her first swim experience, and she HATED it. We thought she would enjoy swimming because she loves bath time, but she screamed and cried the whole time. I've never seen her cry so much!
- Drinking water -- We usually offer her some water in a straw cup when she is eating solids, and she doesn't like seem to like the taste (or lack thereof). She loves sucking water out of the cup, but then will make a disgusted face and let the water dribble out of her mouth. It's actually pretty cute haha.
Here are her official seven month photos, as well as some of my favorites from our holiday family photo shoot.










No comments:
Post a Comment