Sunday, May 3, 2015

11 Months Old

[I wrote this a while ago and never got around to finalizing/posting it. And the 12-month post is now due!]

Goofing around at a winery
I've been really busy at work the past few weeks, so I've been extra lagging on this post. Elodie turned 11 months old on 3/25, and I can't believe her one-year birthday is coming up next weekend!!!

Going to keep this post a bit shorter, but the main highlight from 10 - 11 months was our wine country weekend. We rented a house in Healdsburg for a weekend with our neighborhood friends -- two other couples who also have babies/toddlers around Elodie's age (a few months older). It was so much fun! Eric and I loved all the wine tastings of course, but also hanging out and spending time with our friends and seeing the little ones interact. 
Elodie with Sabine (16 months) and Owen (15 months)
Our backyard was a vineyard

Elodie's physical developments this month:

- First tooth!!! She finally got her first tooth in, around the 10.5 month mark. That's pretty late -- some babies get teeth as young as 3 or 4 months old, and I know an 8 month old who has 8 teeth!

- Crawling on hands and knees. Elodie has been army crawling (slithering around on her belly) for the past few months really well/quickly, but this month she started actually crawling on her hands and knees. She was definitely tentative about it at first and would usually resort back to army crawling after trying normal crawling for a little while, but now she is "normal" crawling most of the time. 

- Cruising confidently. She pulls herself up all the time and walks along the edge of her crib or coffee table or bath tub all the time. In her crib, she even does fancy spins/turns when she reaches the corners. 

Likes:
- Standing in the bath. It's hard to keep her seated during bath time. We use a baby bath tub insert (so not using the whole regular bathtub), so it's not as slippery, but I still worry about her slipping!

- Pointing. She points at everything now, especially at light switches (which she likes to turn on and off) and at books (which she likes to read).

- Sucking on her two fingers. She has always sucked on her left index and middle fingers when she was tired or sleepy, but lately she seems to be sucking on her fingers more often.

- Reaching in my shirt. This one is funny but could potentially be embarrassing. Recently, whenever I hold her, she immediately reaches inside my shirt and bra to grab her milk source haha. She knows what she wants, and had done this to auntie Mia too!

Dislikes:
- Pickier with food. Elodie has been getting pickier with food, which is common/typical around this age. She used to eat anything we offered her, but as she and her palate have matured, she's becoming pickier about what she wants to eat, and often refuses the food we offer her. We're still trying to give her a wide variety of food, but it's a lot harder when she refuses a lot of things.


I'll leave you with some photos from her official 11-month photo shoot. She likes sticking out her tongue a lot, and it was really hard work holding her standing up -- so squirmy!



No comments:

Post a Comment