Thursday, November 28, 2013

Little Miss WuBerry

We had the good fortune of finding out the gender of little WuBerry a couple weeks ago. After telling our families, we're making the announcement here. We're having a GIRL!

Hannah had a lab technicians write down the fun news on a piece of paper and fold it up to take home since I wasn't at the modeling session. It took all of Hannah's strength to leave the piece of paper in the car when she went back to work and then wait until we were together. When she picked me up from the office, I made her wait even more until we get home. She hated me for that, but I'm glad we waited till it had our undivided attention.

We would both be ecstatic and happy either way--boy or girl. Still, it was a bit nerve-racking because it would be the last moment of our lives that we wouldn't know whether we were having Little Miss WuBerry or Little Mister WuBerry. Maybe I was just being overly sentimental or something, but I felt like it made a significant difference. Between us first finding out about being pregnant to this moment, to the baby being born--those are the three major milestones in these nine months.

We finally got home and unfolded the piece of paper.

It's a girl! Congratulations!

We're having a girl.

Hannah and I actually always thought we were having a girl. Not sure why, but so did most of our friends and family.

We made a photo for the announcement with the balloon we used to share the good news with Hannah's family last weekend:


Almost 19 weeks, all is well, and Hannah and I can't wait to meet her! Happy Thanksgiving from Maui, everyone!

Now, what to name her... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment