Friday, January 17, 2014

Week 25: Cauliflower

I'm late writing this post, since today is actually the beginning of week 26, but wanted to get it in :).

The latest update on our end is that we've been meeting/interviewing some doulas. A doula is basically a birth/labor coach that supports you and stays with you throughout the labor/delivery process, and they are VERY informed and experienced with all things birth-related, but they are not medical staff and can't deliver the baby. Doulas have been around for a long time, but I guess they're still not super common. There's a ton of benefits to doulas and the few people we know who have used one HIGHLY recommend it, so Eric and I are definitely sold on hiring a doula... just need to find the right person for us! The only downside is the cost and we think it's worth it, but we were very happy to learn that more and more insurance companies are starting to approve reimbursements for doula services! So we'll see if some or all of the cost can be covered :).

We also are making more progress on the nursery. Eric installed a new dimmer light and dimmer light switch all by himself :), and we are still waiting to receive the crib and glider that we ordered.

WuBerry Weekly Updates
My last doctor appointment was pretty uneventful, and I took my glucose tolerance test yesterday to see if I might have gestational diabetes. Haven't received the results yet, so keeping my fingers crossed!

For my weekly photos, I wanted to try to wear the same shirt throughout my whole pregnancy, but didn't plan well in advance because I started off by wearing a normal (non-maternity) tank top that is getting too short to cover my belly now haha. So this week, I switched to an actual long maternity shirt.

WuBerry is now about 1.5 - 2 pounds, and 13.5 - 15 inches long, about the size of a head of cauliflower.

Gonna keep this week's update short, because there's not much change... Gained about 10 pounds in total now, and still eating more sweets than I normally do. No other weird/noticeable cravings have popped up. I've been fine energy-wise, except yesterday when I was super tired. But that might have been because I had to draw five tubes of blood for my glucose test earlier in the day?

Overall, still feeling well, and still feeling WuBerry moving around and kicking a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment