Eric and I are definitely in the "nesting" phase of the pregnancy. We went to The Container Store for the first time on Saturday, and after about three hours and $500 later, we left with a car full of stuff for our house/closets. I'll let Eric blog himself about his weekend project, but I'm very thankful and proud of him for being such a handyman lately. :)
I'm also starting to stock up on more baby gear. Our baby shower is in two weeks, so I'll wait until afterwards to actually buy some of the bigger stuff, but I've been preparing... Babies R Us is having a big trade-in event through Feb 17, where basically you can trade in old baby gear (it could be old, gross, unusable, etc.) for 25% off a new baby item. So over the weekend, I went around collecting/picking up old car seats and strollers from people who were getting rid of them for free, haha.
WuBerry Weekly Updates
- WuBerry is about 15 inches long and 2 pounds, the size of a rutabaga (I don't even know what that is...)
- I continue to grow and feel bigger, and I've gained about 13 pounds in total.
- I still feel like I'm eating pretty normally... I haven't had any cravings lately (that I realize).
However, my latest food fad is this new Tarte Asian yogurt I found at Whole Foods. I usually eat a Greek yogurt for breakfast, but the Tarte Asian yogurt has WAY more calcium (35% of daily recommended value compared to 15% in Greek yogurt!), and still has as much protein as Greek yogurt, and about the same number of calories. I also like the flavor and texture a lot better than Greek yogurt. It's very silky, as opposed to Greek yogurt which is way thicker and can leave a chalky film on my tongue sometimes. Okay... enough about yogurt :). I should get paid by Tarte, because I've been gushing about their yogurt to everyone I know haha.
- Energy and sleep have been okay/fine. I'm getting a lot more used to (and comfortable with) the giant Snoogle pregnancy pillow that wasn't really helpful for me before, so I'm sleeping a little bit better.
- WuBerry still very active and moving around. I love when Eric talks to her at night and sings to her :).
- I'm taking prenatal yoga classes twice a week, and really enjoying them. I'm also trying to go to the gym at least once a week (I know, that's not much!), where I walk briskly on the treadmill at an incline.
Side vent: I used to look forward to going to the gym to walk while I watched one of my two fave TV shows on my iPad (Scandal or Nashville). It kept me motivated and walking for almost a full hour, but both those shows are on ABC, and ABC no longer allows you to watch their shows online!! Well, unless you have specific paid cable contracts. We pay a ton for DIRECTV, so it's not like we aren't paying TV customers, but DIRECTV isn't one of the specific partners ABC is working with, so I can't watch my shows online anymore :((((. I was so mad when I went to the gym last time and found that out! Okay, vent over. Will just need to watch something on Netflix, I guess.
Speaking of which... time to go to the gym now!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment