Thursday, January 23, 2014

Week 26: Lettuce

We have been finding out about more and more friends who are expecting babies this summer, and it seems like we are smack in the middle of a baby boom (amongst our social/work circles). Our WuBerry will grow up with so many other babies/kids right around her age, and it's fun sharing this life-changing experience with other people :).

We are also getting more done with the nursery. We picked up our crib on Monday, and Eric assembled it all by himself. He wouldn't let me help haha.

WuBerry Weekly Updates
- WuBerry is about 14-15 inches long and about 2 pounds, around the size of a head of lettuce or as long as green onions

- I got my glucose tolerance test results, and I don't have gestational diabetes! Whew.

- It seems like I'm starting to gain weight at a MUCH faster pace now. I think I've gained 2-3 pounds in the past one week (compared to 10 pounds total in the first 25 weeks)! The "normal" weight gain now is supposed to be about 1 pound/ week.

I've gained a total of 12-13 pounds so far, which is still under the "expected" 16-22 pounds at this point (according to various books/websites). But everyone is different.

- Not only am I gaining weight faster, but my stomach just feels so much bigger and tighter and stretched out now. It's hard to believe I still have 13-14 weeks left! I know I'll get a lot bigger, and it's hard for me to believe how my skin will get so stretched across my growing belly haha.

- WuBerry is still moving around a lot, all the time

- Everything else is about the same. Energy = fine. Sleep = OK. Food/appetite/cravings = normal, nothing noteworthy.

Okay... that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment