Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 28: Eggplant

I'm officially in my third trimester! Time is going by pretty quickly, but 11-12 more weeks of pregnancy still seems like a long time to me haha.

I have been feeling so lucky and blessed throughout this pregnancy, and Eric and I have just been sooo happy lately... probably the happiest we've ever been. Somebody told me they watched a TED talk on marriage & happiness, and apparently, most married couples are at their happiest during the third trimester of their first pregnancy. Yup... I totally get it. The joy and the excitement of growing this tiny human inside me... the anticipation of her arrival... it's so great right now :). [Sorry if I'm sounding full of myself! Not trying to #humblebrag! haha]

I know we will be happy and joyful once the baby arrives, and filled with a sort of overwhelming love we've never experienced before, but with the baby will also come a lot of worrying and stress (and no sleep!). The highs may be higher, but the lows may be lower... I've been thinking about that a lot lately, but I think I just need to focus and enjoy the present, and not worry about the future quite yet. It probably doesn't help that I read posts in a secret Facebook group for first time mommies, and while everyone obviously loves their babies, there are just SOO many different issues and challenges and problems that all the different moms face and post about. Eric keeps telling me I should stop reading that group for now :). We'll worry about those challenges (and research and read) when we actually need to.

Okay, on to the WuBerry weekly updates.

- WuBerry is about 2.5 pounds and 15 inches, about the size of a large eggplant.

- I am feeling so much bigger everyday! Gained a total of 15 pounds now. I totally resonated with a blog I read (Alpha Mom weekly pregnancy calendar), so I'm just going to copy/paste some of her stuff for week 28 here.

Your baby:
Continues to get a longer and fatter by the day. Shocking, I know. His or her weight has actually doubled in the past month alone, which is why you’ve probably gotten comments about “popping” recently.

Weight is around 2.5 pounds right now, which (if you’re like me, gazing in horror and your inside-out belly button and spidery stretch marks) might sound a little frightening, since the baby clearly needs to gain a LOT MORE WEIGHT before he or she is fully cooked, and oh my God, how in the world is anything bigger going to fit in there?

- Besides feeling like I'm growing exponentially, everything else is still fine. Sleep, appetite, energy... all good.

Eric and I are starting to research daycare options. I'll be taking about six months off of work (including four weeks before my due date), so we won't need daycare until around late September, but most of the good/popular daycare centers have long waiting lists, so we need to start getting on some of them now (errr.. months ago). One particularly popular place has a waiting list that's 24-30 months long! Crazy. Anyways, we have a few tours set up over the next few weeks, so we'll see how those go.

Other than that, we're pretty good on baby prep stuff. Our nursery is almost complete! Rug arrived yesterday, and the glider/chair is coming next week!

Major things left to do:
- Find/select a pediatrician
- Take various birthing / childcare classes (we've signed up for four different classes through our hospital... first class is coming up on 2/15)
- I would LOVE to do our backyard remodel before the baby comes. I've been saying that for awhile... let's see if it happens.

Okay... this was a long post. I'm currently in Minneapolis for a one-day site visit and am procrastinating doing work (need to prep for tomorrow) so I should really get going now :).

Baby shower this weekend! Excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment