Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weeks 29 & 30: Butternut Squash & Large Cabbage


So much has been going on! My sisters threw us an awesome baby shower last weekend. Eric and I got the chance to celebrate our WuBerry with friends and family, and it was great to catch up with everyone all at once. Huge thanks to Erina and Mia for throwing such a great shower!

My parents also came up last weekend, partly for the baby shower, and partly so we could celebrate my mom's 60th birthday! After the baby shower, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at La Folie, the restaurant Eric and I went to for his last bday. It was my parents' first time eating at a French restaurant, and we all stuffed ourselves with scrumptious food and enjoyed every aspect of the fine dining experience :).

Yesterday, Eric and I spent the day at the hospital where we'll be having our baby (Mills-Peninsula in Burlingame), attending a Childbirth Preparation class. It was a full day (9am - 4pm) and we also got a tour of the Birth Center where everything will go down in a few months!

Weekly WuBerry Updates


WuBerry is now about 3 pounds and 16-17 inches, about the size of a large head of cabbage. Most full-term newborns are around ~20 inches long, so she'll continue to grow a little longer in length, but will mainly be gaining weight for the remaining time.

She continues to move around a LOT. I can now sometimes SEE her movements if I'm looking at my belly when she moves around. I also started paying attention to see if I'm feeling Braxton-Hicks contractions (which are different from labor contractions, and they're normal in pregnancy). It's a little hard for me to tell if what I feel is a contraction vs. baby moving around, but I'm pretty sure I'm starting to feel some contractions.

I feel like I still have so long to go (10 more weeks!). I continue to grow a lot and am STARTING to feel a little more uncomfortable in general. Small day-to-day things like bending over to pick something up are starting to take a little more effort, and I'm getting some lower back discomfort.

I went to see a chiropractor who specializes in prenatal chiropractic care, and I think I'll see him a few more times before I have the baby. There seems to be various benefits to getting adjustments and chiropractic care during pregnancy (including balancing your pelvis and helping your baby get in optimal position), and I just love the feeling of getting my neck/back adjusted haha. I used to crack my back all the time, and I haven't been able to do so in the past few months of pregnancy, so it felt relieving when I got the chiro adjustment.

Sleep, appetite, energy are fine... I'm starting to get a little more tired, and would love to take an afternoon nap everyday! No strange cravings... just continuing to eat more sweets than I normally would, and am starting to feel a little hungrier in general. I continue to have a little bit of heartburn (I think it's heartburn.... burning in my throat), and Tums seems to help. Sidenote: I never took Tums before, but it has 60% of your daily calcium! I always worry about getting enough calcium, so that's an added bonus.

Eric and I decided to pick a song to play to WuBerry every night. Someone told me that if you play a song for your baby a lot while she's in the womb, when she hears the song after she's born, it'll remind her of the time when she was safe and cozy in the womb and will calm her down. We picked Debussy's "Clair de Lune" and it has been a nice, relaxing song to listen to every night before we go to sleep. It puts me to sleep like a lullaby haha. We'll see if she happens to recognize it after she's born!

No comments:

Post a Comment