Thursday, August 28, 2014

Four Months Old

Elodie turned four months old on Monday (8/25). We had our four-month checkup a few days early since we are currently in Indianapolis, and here are some stats from the checkup last Thursday (8/21):
Weight -- 14 lb, 14 oz (69th percentile)
Height -- 26 inches (97th percentile!)

She has grown and developed in so many ways over the past month!
  • She learned to roll over from her back to her tummy. 
    • This was causing some major sleep issues for a while, because she would roll onto her tummy in her sleep and wake up upset. But after several nights, she learned to be okay with sleeping on her tummy.
    • Also, she started to like keeping her head up while on her tummy. She used to hate tummy time, and then almost overnight she started to enjoy being in this position:
Elodie loves tummy time now!
  • As a result of learning to sleep on her tummy, she started consistently sleeping through the night (9 - 12 hours straight)... 8 nights in a row now! Keeping my fingers crossed that the streak continues.
  • She started blowing rasberries/bubbles with her mouth. 

During the past month, Elodie also took her first three flights! We flew to socal and back for Elodie's 100 day celebration in Irvine, and then a few weeks later, we flew to Indianapolis to visit Eric's family and friends (we are still in Indy right now). She did okay on the two short flights (she was a little fussy), but she was AMAZING on our long flight to Indy. She nursed on ascent and descent, and slept for two hours during the middle of the flight! We got super lucky and got a free extra seat for her in her carseat since the flight wasn't full, and she played happily when she wasn't napping.
Perfectly behaved during flight to Indy

I mentioned above that we celebrated Elodie's 100th day in Irvine. She officially turned 100 days old on Sunday, 8/3, and we had a little party for her at my parent's house the day before. Very low-key, but it was a nice chance for my extended family to meet Elodie, and we got to spend some time with some of Eric's extended family as well. Some photos:
4 generations of Kim women
Elodie only cares about the cake/dduk!

Here in Indy, we were lucky to overlap a few days with Angie, Neil, Simon, and Drew again. They were visiting Indy before us, and on our overlapping days, it was quite a full house at Ama and Akong's home! We did a quick photoshoot before they left yesterday:
The whole Wu family
This was the best photo of the three squiggly kids

I feel so lucky that Elodie continues to be a good, happy baby who is easy to deal with most of the time. The only challenging times we've been having with her in the past few weeks is related to night-time sleep. For the past two weeks or so, it has typically taken us over two hours to get her down for good for the night. She keeps waking up and crying every time we try to put her in her crib. I'm hoping it's just a phase, since she wasn't like that before. But like I mentioned earlier, once we are finally able to get her down for the night, she now stays asleep for 9-12 hours, which has been AMAZING. I recently got 8 straight hours of sleep for the first time since before Elodie was born!

I'm planning to go back to work on October 1st, so I will really be cherishing the next month I have left of maternity leave. I want to write a separate blog post on my thoughts around that.... we'll see if I get around to it :).

But for now, I'll leave you with her "official" 4-month photos (taken two days early).

No comments:

Post a Comment