I have been super lazy about posting, but things change so fast! I should really document more frequently, but here's a mass update for now. Elodie is 18 months old, and a lot has happened in the past few months since I last posted, including our big summer trip to the east coast (DC and West Virginia to spend time with Eric's family), plus various other gatherings and weekend trips.
Overall, Elodie is doing really well. She still seems like a happy kid, and loves to explore and be active, but can also be quiet and read books on her own for chunks of time. She is also starting to get more insistent on certain things with her own strong opinions, and has started throwing mini tantrums...eek! They're not too bad though... yet...
Physical stuff
- Weighs close to 25 pounds (77 percentile), 33.5 inches tall (93 percentile)
- She recently got two more teeth, for eight in total now (four on top, four on bottom). In addition, all four molars are coming in now.
- Walking and running around like crazy
- Eats well, though very recently she has started to be a pickier eater at home
- Drinks cow's milk well now (we completely weaned off breastmilk around 15 months)
- Sleeps well through the night (~8pm - 7:30am). Down to one nap a day (transitioned to one nap around 16-17 months old).
- She finally has a decent amount of hair! And it's curly! It's so cute :)
- She is starting to talk a lot more! She is picking up words like crazy lately, and probably has a vocabulary of ~20 names and ~75 words. She seems to understand a lot of what we say.
- Her favorite things to say are people's names, and she'll repeat names over and over to herself. I've even seen her do this in bed when she's trying to fall asleep and she's just babbling to herself. "Sagie, Charlotte, Emma, Finn, Akong, Ama (grandpa and grandma in Taiwanese), Simon, Ha-buh-jee (grandpa in Korean), Tim....". Those are probably her favorite names to say right now. I was really surprised she picked up ha-buh-jee (in Korean it's actually ha-ra-buh-jee), as it's quite complicated, but she loves to say ha-buh-jee and wants to see pictures of my dad!
Likes
- Watching videos of herself on my phone. Whenever she sees my phone or Eric's phone, she says "baby! baby!" because she wants to see photos/videos of herself. She also asks to see photos of her family members (Simon, akong, ha-buh-jee, etc.)
- Bunny. She wasn't interested in any blankies/stuffed animals for a very long time, but recently she has started to be more attached to a stuffed bunny that she sleeps with.
- Showers. We used to give her a bath every night, but a few times recently I have given her a shower instead (with me). Now she insists on taking a shower every night (instead of a bath), and cries when I eventually turn off the water ("more! more!")
- Buckles. She LOVES to clip buckles together (on her carseat, on her high chair, on backpacks), and she can spend a long time just playing with buckles.
- Overall, Elodie is really interested in figuring out how things fit together. If I give her markers to draw with, she's a lot more interested in getting the cap off and on than she is in actually drawing. Same with things like putting play doh in and out of the container, and playing with things that have snaps, zippers, etc.
- Making coffee with Ba. Eric takes Elodie to daycare every morning, and they have a sweet morning routine of making coffee and eating cereal together.
- Hex bugs / nano bots. Our friend Alice got Elodie a few of these, and at first Elodie was terrified of these vibrating robot "bugs", but now she loves them and always wants to play with them. She loves to watch them crawling around a tray (we try to keep them confined) and moving them between multiple trays.
- Putting on clothes by herself (especially pants). She also likes to put on our shoes and walk around in them.
- Being spun around. She loves it when Eric holds her and spins around really fast.
- Bubbles
Dislikes
- Diaper changes. Still! She still does not like diaper changes after all these months. She got a little better about allowing us to change her diaper when we stopped using her changing table. She likes it better if we change her on the floor (on a changing pad). Recently, she has been carrying all her diaper materials (changing pad, wipes, new diaper) out from her room and into the living room, and insists we change her diaper in the living room instead.
- When I disappear from her sight, especially near the end of the day. She gets really upset if I leave where she is (for example, if I leave the dinner table to go use the restroom). She will flip out until I return. That's partly why I try to leave the house in the morning for work before she wakes up. She's fine if I was never there, but if I was there and then I leave, game over.
- Swings at the playground. Still not a fan.
Okay... that's it for now. Here are just a few photos from the past few months.
 |
| Elodie at 12 months old |
 |
| Elodie with Ba at GG Bridge (Mother's Day 2015, 12 months old) |
 |
| Elodie with grandparents, almost 14 months old |
 |
| Elodie with Ama, Akong, and cousins (she was 15 months old) |
 |
| 16 months old |
 |
| 17 months old |
 |
| With neighborhood friends, 17 months old |
 |
| At the pumpkin patch on her 18 month "birthday" |
 |
| Flintstone Family, Halloween 2015 (18 months old) |
No comments:
Post a Comment