Monday, April 21, 2014

Reflecting on 9 Months

It's one day until WuBerry's official due date. It truly is incredible to look back over the last 9 months and recall all the moments and joyous occasions. Some moments that stand out in my mind are:
  • Embracing each other, jumping up and down in celebration those first couple minutes we found out Hannah was pregnant
  • Telling our families the good news over FaceTime, especially seeing Auntie Mia scream with excitement
  • Telling two of my friends the good news and finding out at the same time that they were both expecting as well
  • Hearing and seeing WuBerry's heartbeat for the first time at the 8 week checkup
  • Hannah getting paid to be a pregnant model in order to earn a few bucks and find out the gender
  • Aunt Angie's giddy smile and excited applause when she found out she'd be getting a niece
  • The warm baby shower on the cold, wet February day
  • Feeling WuBerry's kicks
  • Playing Clair de Lune for WuBerry before falling asleep every night
  • Taking our weekly photos
  • Prepping the nursery (seriously)
  • Sharing the genuine excitement with close friends and family
I'm relatively calm, but do feel a bit nervous and anxious when I remind myself that Hannah could go into labor any minute now. Our bags are mostly packed, car seat is installed, and I'm working from home starting tomorrow. We're still trying to do things to keep our mind off of the fact that our lives will change forever very soon, and simple things such as sleep will be thrown upside down.

Hannah has been great throughout the pregnancy, and she even "let me" have a guys' poker night at the house last Tuesday. She reminds me that I should be appreciative of the fact that not all wives would be so easy going. I am grateful and plan to do my best to help her in any shape or form when duty...I mean, when WuBerry calls.

With that said, let's have a baby!

I realized there haven't been many photos of ME on the blog, and want to make sure our daughter knows I'm not camera shy. Here's a twist on a familiar pose from yesterday.

April 20, 2014 ~ 2 days till WuBerry's due date

No comments:

Post a Comment