Today, I'm exactly three weeks away from my official due date of 4/22 (or about 3.5 weeks away from my calculated due date of 4/25). I'm on maternity leave now, and I love it! I hope WuBerry stays inside until close to her due date, so I can enjoy this time off :). I've been super productive these first few days of mat leave... visiting friends who are also on maternity leave and their babies, running errands, cooking, going to the gym, etc. I now also have several different weekly appointments -- OB doctor, acupuncture, and chiropractor. This particular week, I also have an ultrasound appt at the hospital as well as a "meet and greet" appointment with the pediatrician I picked out. Needless to say, I'm keeping myself fairly busy. I also still have a tiny bit of work-related stuff I need to finish (which I hope to take care of today), and then I can really start relaxing.
The only things I have left to do that I really need to are:
- Install car seat
- Pack my hospital bag
- Wash baby clothes/sheets/etc. (I just bought some wool dryer balls to use instead of the normal fragranced dryer sheets, so I'm waiting for those to arrive tomorrow)
Oh, and we are starting our backyard deck construction next week, so I'll be kind of supervising them... they are supposed to be working on it from April 8 - 15. Hopefully they finish on time, and before WuBerry is born!
WuBerry Weekly Updates
- WuBerry is now 18-19 inches long and almost 6 pounds! (Well a "typical" baby at 36-37 weeks is that big). I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow to see if we can measure how big WuBerry actually is!
I stopped with the fruit/veggie comparisons bc they don't really make sense anymore... one website said the size of a head of romaine lettuce!? Another said honeydew, which I had listed for week 34.
- I still feel pretty good physically. No major physical aches or pains... just some itchy skin sometimes, and some minor soreness in my groin area, especially after I walk a lot or at an incline on the treadmill. Still trying to go to prenatal yoga class once or twice a week.
My doctor appointments have all been going well. Everything is looking good so far -- baby's head is down, my blood pressure and everything is fine, etc.
- I'm not able to sleep all that well, which is too bad since I COULD sleep in everyday now if I wanted to. But it's just not that comfortable for me to sleep in my bed anymore, no matter which position or combination of pillows I try.
- Eating/appetite is still fine. Haven't noticed any major cravings lately.
- I've been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, and baby is moving around a lot, which are all good signs.
We met with our doula yesterday and went over my birth plan... it's hard to believe that WuBerry COULD come any day now! It's a really exciting time :).

No comments:
Post a Comment