Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weeks 38 - 39

Short post today... less than a week from my 4/22 "official" due date!

I still feel fine... I don't feel like baby is going to be coming super soon. I hope she's not TOO late though, because I don't want to be medically induced! Usually, the medication they give you to induce labor causes contractions that are more intense/painful than natural contractions. I feel like it's going to be way more difficult to not take pain meds if I'm induced. (My goal is to not take pain medication if possible, but I'm not completely against it.)

I'm going to start doing things that are supposed to naturally induce labor, but I think these things only work if your body is ready anyway. Stuff like walking/hiking, acupuncture/acupressure, eating spicy food, eating fresh pineapple, drinking certain teas, jumping jacks, etc. I've been pretty good about walking everyday for at least 30-40 minutes, and I plan to join some local moms on a 3-mile hike tomorrow, so we'll see if that helps!

I'm just in waiting mode now... we are very excited to meet our baby! Eric had a dream last night that we had the baby, and he woke up very happy :).

No comments:

Post a Comment