Sunday, October 20, 2013

Motherly Bonding

Since telling people the joyful news, I've noticed that Hannah has immediately connected with all other mothers and pregnant moms-to-be. The motherly bond is so strong it's like this club, or perhaps the more appropriate way to describe it is that she's been unexpectedly initiated into a "sorority." We men will never be able to join nor will we truly understand. 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Listening to their conversations, it's all "I felt...when I was pregnant...my experience was...I remember craving..."  All I can contribute to conversations is, "She's doing great. She has these cravings. She..." I don't really know how she feels and all I can do is support her and love her as best as I can. 

Honestly though, I'm so happy for her to have that motherly bond. I'm much more grateful than anything else that Hannah never has to feel like she's going through this alone without a solid support network. All our friends and family have been wonderful and caring; this little miracle has brought us all closer together. 

And you know what makes it extra great? I get to be a dad, and no woman will ever be able to say that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I feel so lucky to have such an awesome husband / daddy-to-be by my side!!

    ReplyDelete