Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 12: Lime

Almost done with the first trimester!

We had our 12-week appointment with our doctor on Thursday, and everything looks good! Heart beating strong, and we actually saw a head, body, arms and legs! I have another appointment at the hospital tomorrow (Monday) and will get a high-resolution ultrasound then, so I'll post a photo of that ultrasound.

I'm still feeling pretty good, and generally more of the same. Baby at 12 weeks is now over 2 inches long, and about the size of a lime or a plum.


  • Weight: Still at -2 pounds compared to pre-pregnancy weight. But I'm slowly getting a small baby bump!
  • Appetite/Cravings: Had some aversions to beef this week... I ordered a steak at a restaurant that came heavily spice-rubbed, and I took one bite and couldn't eat the rest. I also ordered some carne asada tacos at a local Mexican restaurant, and same thing -- ate one bite and couldn't eat the rest. Ended up just ordering/eating rice and beans. 
  • But like Eric mentioned at the end of the last post, I've also been having some "cravings." We went hiking with Mia and Tim, and someone mentioned donuts, and I immediately said that I want a custard-filled chocolate donut! I'm also still eating a lot of Korean pickles. My mom sent some to me from Irvine last weekend (via Mia who flew there), and I already ate most of them :(. Will need to find a Korean market in norcal that sells them!

  • Mood/Energy: Same -- Generally pretty good, but tired, especially in the afternoons. I notice that I'm more sensitive to stories involving kids. I got really sad reading about Adrian Peterson's (NFL star) 2-year old son who died after getting beaten by the baby's mom's boyfriend. 
  • Sleep: Sleeping well, and usually 7-8 hours/night during the week.


  • Eric's parents are in town for the next two weeks, which means lots of good home-cooked meals! Hopefully I start gaining weight soon! (My doctor wasn't worried about that at all.) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment