Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Week 19: Mango

We had our 2nd trimester screening/ultrasound at the hospital yesterday, and we were told the baby looks great! They looked at and measured a lot of different parts of WuBerry's body, and everything looked good. The baby is measuring the right size for our due date (still somewhere around April 22 - 28). And we got the final results for chromosomal defects, and have very low risk for Down Syndrome (chance is 1 in ~7000) and less than 1 in 100,000 chance for some other more rare stuff.

We also re-confirmed that WuBerry is indeed a girl :).

We didn't get a lot of good ultrasound photos this time around, but here is one of the WuBerry's beautiful face/head (side view). The thing above the baby's head is the umbilical cord.

Other Weekly Updates
WuBerry is now about 6 inches long, about the size of a mango. Most of her important organs are developed now, and she just needs to get bigger through the rest of the pregnancy!

  • Weight: I'm finally getting bigger! haha. Up until the beginning of Week 18, I had only gained 2 pounds overall. Then in the past week, I gained another 2 - 3 pounds (for a total of 4 - 5 pounds gained overall), though I'm not sure how much of that was the baby vs. me being on vacation and eating a ton! 
  • Appetite/Cravings: Appetite is fine. I had a hard time resisting eating poke in Hawaii (marinated sashimi, usually ahi tuna which is bad for pregnancy because it is high in mercury). I must admit that the BEST thing I ate the whole trip last week was a delicious piece of sashimi at Mama's Fish House (but I made sure the fish was low in mercury at least!).
  • Mood/Energy/Sleep: All fine. We were pretty active last week when we were on vacation in Maui -- lots of snorkeling, and some tennis and hiking. It was nice being so active, but now I'm back to my regular sedentary working lifestyle, so I need to make more effort to be active and at least walk around the neighborhood or do a workout DVD.

  • In other updates -- I was starting to get worried because I didn't really feel the baby moving that much (inside my belly). It was hard to tell if it was the baby moving, or just some gas or other stomach gurgling! haha. But in the past few days, I have started to feel WuBerry moving around a bit more, so that makes me feel relieved :). And I'm sure I'll be soon be complaining that she's kicking me too much!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment