Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 20: Banana

I can't believe we're already halfway through the pregnancy! Time has flown by, and I know the rest of the pregnancy will fly by even faster, especially with the holidays coming up. I'm starting to feel a little nervous that we haven't really DONE anything yet. We have an ever-growing list of to-do's: visit daycare centers and get on their long waiting lists, create our registry, buy furniture (sometimes nursery-related furniture can take a few months to arrive), start moving rooms around and decorating the nursery, etc... On top of that, we wanted to do a big house project (remodeling our backyard including building a big deck) before the baby comes, but I'm not sure if we'll get around to it :(

Besides all the to-do's though, Eric and I are really enjoying the pregnancy. We celebrated Eric's 31st birthday on Friday with a delicious dinner at La Folie, and we also visited two friends who have recently had babies. Kristin's newborn Brayden was only 5 days old when we saw him, and then we also hung out with Laura and her 2-month old Beckett. It was nice hanging out with the babies and practicing holding them :). And I ended up getting a bunch of pregnancy-related hand me downs from them, which was really great! Thank you KP and LJG!

Weekly Updates
I had my 20-week doctor appointment today at 4:15pm, so I left work early at 3pm to get there in time. But as soon as I got to my doctor's office, I saw her rushing out the door, and the receptionist apologized that the doctor had to go to the hospital because a patient was in labor. Doh. I had a feeling that would happen at some point anyway.

WuBerry is now ~6.5 inches from head to "rump", or about the length of a banana. After 20 weeks, WuBerry will be measured from head to heel (about 10 inches right now).

- Weight: I've gained a total of about 4-5 pounds, and my stomach seems to get a tiny bit bigger everyday. I'm only wearing maternity pants to work now (or wearing a belly band over unbuttoned regular pants that are too small now). And I just went on a major shopping spree for maternity sweaters / long sleeve tops for the winter.

- Appetite / Cravings: Nothing unusual. Eric will keep saying that I'm "craving" sweets, but I don't think that's true... just eating a tiny bit more candy/cookies than I normally do. I also felt like buying some cheese today after I went to the gym, so I picked up some delicious Camembert and a mini baguette... yumm...

- Mood / Energy / Sleep: Fine. I normally sleep on my back, but I think around 18-20 weeks you're supposed to stop sleeping on your back because you can cut off some circulation or something. So now, I've been trying to sleep on my side more (which is what you're supposed to do when you're pregnant). Kristin gave me a big pregnancy pillow so hopefully that'll help me sleep comfortably on my side.

Okay... that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment