Monday, December 30, 2013

Weeks 22 & 23: Papaya & Grapefruit

Sorry I missed last week's post! You would think that since I'm on vacation with very little to do, that I would have MORE time to do stuff like blogging... but somehow, when I'm on vacation, I just end up not using my computer very much (which is a good thing, I suppose).

Eric and I were in Cabo with my family from December 21 - 26, and it was a great relaxing vacation. We rented a house in a nice gated community (supposedly where celebrities stay), and we didn't end up DOing a whole lot... we relaxed and read by the pool and at the beach, and we ended up cooking dinner at home every night. The men went fishing, some of the kids went ATVing, but for the most part, we just relaxed. We spent Christmas Eve singing some carols and sharing about the best gifts we received this year, and there is a lot the Kim family has to celebrate -- our WuBerry, Mia and Tim getting married, new jobs and career transitions, etc. It was the first time all eight of us spent an extended amount of time together, and I'm excited to do it again in a few years, with kids! :)
Kim Family in Cabo, December 2013

WuBerry Weekly Updates
I continue to feel great. WuBerry is now a little over 11 inches from head to heel and over a pound, about the size of a large grapefruit.

- Weight: I'm not exactly sure since I haven't been home in a week and a half (to use the scale I've been using), but assuming my parent's scale is similar, I've gained a total of about 8 pounds. I definitely can't wear any of my normal pants/shorts anymore (at least ones without elastic waistbands). I feel like my stomach is growing out/forward, (vs. expanding in width).

- Appetite / Cravings: I finally relented to Eric and told him that he is right, that I do eat/want more sweets now. I wanted some gummy candies when we were in Mexico, but couldn't find any!

The week before vacation (halfway through week 21), I felt some heartburn for about half a day. I don't think I've ever had heartburn before, so I had to google it haha. Heartburn is a common side effect of pregnancy, especially around this time of the pregnancy, and that was the only time I felt it. I had eaten a big lunch at work (a "spicy" chicken sandwich that wasn't very spicy + some chips + small salad), so I will just avoid eating that again.

- Mood / Energy / Sleep: OK. I'm not tired, but am still getting used to sleeping on my side. I usually wake up sleeping on my back (hope the baby is okay!).


Overall, I continue to feel great. WuBerry is kicking a lot all the time, so I know she's doing well (at least that she's alive!). Eric and I are feeling more and more "ready", at least in terms of the baby STUFF. We've been spending a lot of time researching and window-shopping for various baby items (cribs, strollers, etc.), and we're just about done with our registry.

Next up when we get back home -- actually starting on the nursery, and hopefully (maybe) even getting a start on our backyard project that we would love to get done before the baby comes!

2013 was a great year for us, and we've never been happier than we are now.. I feel soo blessed, and I know that 2014 will bring even more joy and blessings! Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Have you done your gestational diabetes test yet? Just try not to eat too much sweets right before the test. I'm sure you won't have it though since you don't normally eat a lot of sweets. I was eating a bag of sour patch kids when my doc called me to tell me I had GD with Ashley, and even after she told me, I kept eating them. I felt like that bag was my last chance of sugar for months! So Arthur made me walk to the garbage with him and throw them out! :(

    ReplyDelete