Happy new year, everyone! First week really back at work after almost two weeks off... it's no fun to be back in the real world! But at least in CA we're not suffering from the extreme cold weather that most of the country is feeling.
Now that we're finally back home and back to normal life, Eric and I have thrown ourselves into the nursery. We ordered our crib, moved around furniture, and Eric spent much of the past weekend painting the nursery! He did such a great job! :) We decided on a light sea green type of color:
I also went to prenatal yoga for the first time yesterday, and I really liked it! I'm going to try to do it 2x/week for the rest of my pregnancy. I think yesterday may have been the first time I actually took a class at a yoga studio! I've taken classes at gyms before, and done some DVDs at home, but I don't think I've ever been to a real yoga studio. People say yoga can help prepare your body for delivery, and I believe it.
WuBerry Weekly Updates
I have my next doctor's appointment this Friday, and will talk to her about taking the glucose test for gestational diabetes. I know it can be more common for Asian women, and I know a few friends who had it, so I'm a little nervous, but we'll see.WuBerry is now over a pound heavy, and over a foot long... like a cantaloupe, or as long as a ear of corn.
- Weight: Gained about 8-9 pounds total so far. A lot of people who see me comment that I'm so small for how far along I am (I'm now 5.5 months pregnant!). I know everyone is different, and I guess as long as the baby is a healthy/normal size, I should be glad that I'm "small"!
- Appetite / Cravings: More gummy candies. Had a random craving for Olive Garden salad and breadsticks last Friday, but there's no Olive Garden that is that close/convenient, so we ended up going to Fresh Choice instead (like Soup Plantation) haha. That was probably the most specific craving I've had so far, and so random because I probably haven't been to an Olive Garden in ~10 years.
- Mood / Energy / Sleep: Haven't been sleeping as well because I'm trying to sleep on my side and it's not comfortable for me. I normally only sleep with one pillow under my head, but now I'm trying all sorts of combinations of regular pillows behind me, in front of me, between my legs, and/or a giant Snoogle/pregnancy pillow. Our queen-sized bed is not big enough for me and Eric and all my pillows now! haha. I usually end up just throwing everything onto the floor near the end of the night / early morning, and just sleeping on my back :/.
Now that I'm back to a normal work schedule during the week, I need to work on going to sleep earlier so I can get more sleep.
In terms of mood, I've been generally fine/normal, but today I had to turn off the radio when they started telling a story about a man whose toddler son got cancer when he was one. I almost started to cry and just changed stations. I guess I'm very sensitive to sad stories involving babies/kids.
Overall, still feeling good. WuBerry is very active -- moving around and kicking a lot of the time. I read that she sleeps around 14 hours/day in there (I would have thought more!), so she's active the rest of the time when she's awake. Eric and I continue to talk to her, and also started listening to more classical music in the car... I think that's supposed to be good for the baby? haha.


Hannah, I'm so happy you're enjoying pregnancy yoga! It's one of the best things I did during both pregnancies, plus I'm still friends with several of the moms in the first class. Hope you can make some good connections in addition to all the good yoga!
ReplyDelete